Temporary Aion Infinite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updates and Announcements

3 posters

Go down

Updates and Announcements Empty Updates and Announcements

Post  Erlien Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:13 pm

Post only if you have any news. This is NOT a discussion topic.
All updates will be posted here and copied to the post below and then deleted within 24h.

From http://www.infiniteaion.com/:

The website is currently under a DDos attack.

Siel is now back ONLINE!

This will NOT stop Development.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

-Update 10/15/09
The server is now back online.

-Update 10/13/09

The server is still being DDoSed. This attack is not limited to us, there are Many other big gaming communities being affected.
The attacker seems to want extortion money in order to stop the attack, they fail. The AION server is still in development, there are no Donations,
so they are just wasting their time.

-Update 10/13/09
I fail at typing. The message was supposed to read \"NOT stop Development\".

-Erb

Last edited by Admin on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Erlien
Admin

https://taif.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Updates and Announcements Empty Re: Updates and Announcements

Post  Edsun Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Oct 14, 2009

Novinha wrote:

Heya everyone ;3,

unfortunately no one is really around at this time, though I expect Erb or Goog will show up relatively soon. I'll keep you guys updated with any news that come my way ^.^.

Edsun wrote:
Last I heard from Erb is the server is still being DDoS'ed by an unknown group or person, but it is related to others being DDoS'ed as well. Erb is still working hard to bring everything up and making everything work as it was before.

Remember that this may take some time; no ETA has been given and all we can do is wait it out.

Miyavii wrote:
Hey Guys , as you may know , Other Pservers have been Ddos'ed , and From those who were touched by it there is the Big L2 Pserver [L2inc] . Somehow they managed to Stop the Ddos attack and got their servers/Site back up again , Really hope that we could have that Chance Soon enough .. :3
Here's what they say :

"DDoS
Hey guys,
after having heavy issues due to heavy DDoS Attacks, we managed to bring our
Server's back up. Took long, but we finaly managed to have everything up and
fine again. We hope we solved the most issues and are stable again.
We are sorry for the long delay, but the guy DDoSing our wasnt easy to defend.
More news & Updates will be posted.
If you still cannot connect, head over to our Howto section and make sure you
use our Updater to connect!

L2InC Team "

Oct 15, 2009
_Novinha_ wrote:
Real news this time :3:

After hearing bout L2Inc getting things up and running again, I had a little chat with Erb

Novinha: heya, have you by any chance contacted anyone at L2inc?
Erb: Yeah
Erb: Server seems to be fine now, but waiting on German host to get it online
So things seem to be looking up, can't say when things will be back to normal though; sit tight, I'm still waiting to hear back from him with further details ;3.

toasty wrote:
Short version:

We really appreciate all the support.

1. We can't change hosts because it wouldn't matter.
2. It is not as simple as "OH WELL JUST BLOCK THE IPS!!! NULL ROUTE FTW!1"
3. Development continues.
4. There will be no wipe yet.

ETA to normal - unknown

Full report:

1. We can't change hosts because it wouldn't matter. The attackers would simply attack the new server the moment we made it public on the launcher. They also like to take little breaks from attacking us. Either because they're letting us think it's safe to bring the server back up just to have them bring it back down in an hour, or because they're redirecting their attacks to another server at that moment (we've confirmed that it's the same botnet/whatever attacking different ones).

2. There are L2 servers being hosted by a few places that are also being attacked (not just Infinite's). The attack is so massive that even those who have "DDoS protection" were brought down. If you think it's as simple as "OH WELL JUST BLOCK THE IPS!!! NULL ROUTE FTW!1" or something silly like that, you have to remember that once the DDoS starts, the box is totally cut off. So you can't just log in and check what IPs are smashing it. Not only that, but even if/when the hosting company gets back to you and lets you know the IPs, they may not all be in the same range and there may be hundreds. So sure, you could block a few, but vs a botnet that's spread out over multiple countries it does no good.

3. Development continues. I am on retail working to gather information for the Abyss while Erb, Goog, and the GMs are working to implement some new stuff.

4. Erb and I have talked about how long we think the server will be under attack, and what we want to get done before it comes back up depending on how long this goes on. So far, we're in agreement that there will be no wipe yet. Most of all because we don't want players to come back to IA and be like "WTF DID THEY GET HACKED, WHERE ARE MY CHARS!?!?! /wrists" We just don't want to deal with all that butthurt. But also because like we KEEP saying, we have a lot of work to do before we go there.

Oct 16, 2009
_Novinha_ wrote:
Just to clear something up, the reason we can't comment on the state of the before Erb or Goog show up is simply because we don't know o.o. I found out that the was up again from people posting here Razz. Though from my last discussion with Erb it was my understanding that the attack had stopped and that he was waiting on the German Host to get the back online.

Buut, as I said, can't really comment on things with no information ;3.

Novinha wrote:
The server is currently down yes, why? I cannot say for certain until I talk to Erb, who isn't around atm. IF you have some big problem with this, you can do some of the following things:

- Go outside, enjoy the real world for a little while.
- Pick up another game for a little bit (yes, there are more games out there D
- Learn to be patient.
- Read a dictionary, better your vocabulary.
- Go on an epic adventure to nowhere.
- Run in circles until you're tired.
- Try to find the lost city of Atlantas
- Make contact with Aliens
- Hang out with friends.
- Go eat some food.

There are plenty of other things you can be doing (believe it or not ). I will keep you guys posted with any new information that comes my way ^.^.

Edsun

Back to top Go down

Post  timtheripper Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:30 am

Novinha wrote:
The server is currently down yes, why? I cannot say for certain until I talk to Erb, who isn't around atm. IF you have some big problem with this, you can do some of the following things:

-Go outside, enjoy the real world for a little while.
-Pick up another game for a little bit (yes, there are more games out there D:)
-Learn to be patient.
-Read a dictionary, better your vocabulary.
-Go on an epic adventure to nowhere.
-Run in circles until you're tired.
-Try to find the lost city of Atlantas
-Make contact with Aliens
-Hang out with friends.
-Go eat some food.

There are plenty of other things you can be doing (believe it or not ). I will keep you guys posted with any new information that comes my way ^.^.
timtheripper
timtheripper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum